There was a time when wedding prints were more important. There was no Facebook to share the photos on, and photographs were printed or put into photo albums to be remembered. Now of days, couples are most concerned with getting their digital images. Some are able to upload them to Facebook, and some don’t even get that far! Many, many couples have absolutely gorgeous images from their wedding day sitting on a hard drive, only to be viewed when the files are brought up.
It’s a travesty right? Newlyweds spend a small fortune and months planning to have their dream wedding! How could they not have photos up on the walls of their first home?
Here’s my best guess as to why this happens:
- Price – Even when you do it yourself, it’s kind of expensive.
- Indecisiveness – You can’t decide on which photos or how to display them.
- Time – Life is busy! Deciding on a design, the right printer, getting started, technology hiccups, and paying for the expense all in one? That’s enough to not want to begin.
Before the wedding, you thought your wedding picture prints or albums would be a post-wedding expense, and suddenly you may never get around to it. Can you relate to this? If you’re not married yet, could you picture yourself in this situation? It’s not too late.
If you’re still planning your wedding, look at your budget and purchase at least a few prints before hand. I suggest at least 1 – 11×14 or larger, and 2- 5×7 or larger. Remember, purchasing before the wedding means you don’t have to arrange, plan, or pay for it later! You’ll only have to pick your favorite.
If you’ve already gotten married, it’s time to give a valuable gift for yourselves! Partnering with your photographer can make all the difference and turn this project into an incredibly valuable gift.
What’s the Value of a Professional Investment?
- You don’t have to do it yourself. No researching, no uploading, no print releases, no creating an account, no assembling your products by yourself after it’s arrived in the mail.
- The quality is outstanding! Your professional prints will look outstanding- the texture, color, and materials are professional grade, and will withstand the test of time.
- Extra love! Most photographers do extra retouching as part of their print price! So it’s the perfect time to ask if there’s anything that can be done about the tiny imperfections that bother you (think stray hairs, blemishes, or something distracting in the background).
Bonus #4: Remember, people tend to take better care and pride in the things we pay a little more in. With these, you’ll walk by these images every single day, and I know it’ll fill your heart right up.
So! If there’s ever a time in your life to splurge on beautiful art work, shouldn’t it be to remember one of the best days in your life, and make it last forever?
All of my clients have the option of purchasing from a wide variety of wedding print products like canvases, photo albums, framed prints. and more for themselves or as gifts for their families. If you’re one of my clients, and this post has inspired you to get your photos onto the wall, just mention this post and I’ll offer you a 10% off your first print order.